• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stressed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lpilot

What is the name of your state? Texas

Situation:
I am in the military, stationed in Germany. I recently returned from Iraq and may deploy again in the near future. My EX-Wife is married to another service member and is also stationed here in Germany. When I am not deployed I see my two children every weekend and any other time I want to. It seems my EX-Wife doesn't seem to care if I keep them forever as long as she gets paid.
When I am working and can't exercise visitation with them, my EX-Wife calls my wife and harasses her with threats of taking me to court for more child support and other silly things. When I return from duty and confront my EX-Wife about her attitude toward my family she complains I don't spend enough time with our children and will take me to court for more child support. My EX-Wife and children will be stationed in Texas in a few months with their Step-Dad. I well remain stationed in Germany. I know when she is there she will harass me with visitation issues and try to modify child support payments. Right now I am paying $850 a month, which is based off an amount we agreed on and is in the court order, I do not pay by percentage of pay. What are my rights in all of this with her in Texas and I stationed overseas.

UMgoblue

Texas

I know that when I went to court they told me and my ex that child support is calculated as a percentage of what the non-custodial parent makes. Its a long calculation, based on income. I dont know much about the military. But they also go by where the child resides. SO.. you might want to try the Texas Attorney General web page

http://www.oag.state.tx.us/

they might have some links or a telephone number that you can call and ask questions.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">