• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stuck betwwen a rock and a hard place.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isiah

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Hello everyone. My husband gained custody of of his son in October 2005. Child support was reserved for the ex. About two weeks ago, my husband petioned to establish the support and the Ex blew up. She received the paperwork and their son was having visitation when her while she was having a complete **** fit. What led to him to do this was he tried to keep it out of court and tried to make a verbal arrangement between the two of them asking for a amount of 100 dollars per month. After a month of ex not following through my husband needed to protect their son's interests and get some help to raise him. I want to be clear on something though... My husband DOES all the driving for visitation and before he agreed with the ex about the 100 dollars that she didnt follow through with, has asked her for a total of 17 dollars and she hasn't been willing to help with anything. SAD! This leads me to my big concern...Their son takes medication for depression and ADHD. He takes it several times a day and has had problems with not taking it. At the suggestion of the Dr. he wanted us to make sure he take it. Since the episode with her receiving the child support paperwork,. She will not allow their son to pick up his cell phone(which we pay for) on her visitation with him. WE call him on it only to make sure he is taking his medication at the times. He has come home and not have taken half of his pills...Help... Is this grounds for supervised visitaion?? Plus she is talking crap about us to him.

Last edited:

How old is the child? If he has a cell phone, why not set the alarm on the phone to remind him to take his meds? And even if you do call, if she doesn't allow him to answer the phone, does he at least hear it ring? If so, that in itself could serve as a reminder. Or get him a watch that will beep at the times he needs to medicate.

Bottom line, it's highly unlikely that she will get supervised visitation base on what you have written- as far as I can see. Maybe one of the lawyers on here can tell you differently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">