• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stuttering and bankrubcy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jack153

What is the name of your state? NY

My name is Jack, and I have been stuttering severely all my life. As you know people who stutter struggle with finding a job. In my case, I have been trying to find a job for the longest and being that I stutter severely, employers get the wrong impression about me. As a student who is trying to pursue my carrier in physical therapy, Unforthunatly, finding a job for the mean time is very hard. Meanwhile, i am behind on all my bills such as; car payments, and credit cards.

My question is: Is there away to become data free with out filing for bankrubcy being that i have a speech disorder that prevents me from getting a job?

Thanks you for your time

Antigone*

What is the name of your state? NY

My name is Jack, and I have been stuttering severely all my life. As you know people who stutter struggle with finding a job. In my case, I have been trying to find a job for the longest and being that I stutter severely, employers get the wrong impression about me. As a student who is trying to pursue my carrier in physical therapy, Unforthunatly, finding a job for the mean time is very hard. Meanwhile, i am behind on all my bills such as; car payments, and credit cards.

My question is: Is there away to become data free with out filing for bankrubcy being that i have a speech disorder that prevents me from getting a job?

Thanks you for your time

Did you stuttering keep you from spending money and accumulating debt? If not, then stuttering should not be the excuse for not exercising the same rights and responsiblities as the rest of us.

I have a family member that stutters terribly, but he has managed to get a job and keep it. He gets very offended when his stuttering is used to give him extra benefit or disadvantage him.

xylene

Diasbility and

Stuttering is considered a disability under the ADA.

Having a disability does not make one ineligible for bankruptcy.

There is no special program for those with a communication disorder for compelling creditors to offer debt relief outside of bankruptcy.

jack153

Since your attorney made a demand for $650,000, I see why you do not want to file bankruptcy. You should see where your suit stands.

I don't think Mel Tillis is having any problems with work.

in fact, here is a list of many very successful people that stutter:

List of stutterers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am trying to get a answer from him but since the demand letter wasn't sent, and the first offer wasn't offered yet then we don't know yet the settlement amount... what would you estimate since he demanded 650,000?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am trying to get a answer from him but since the demand letter wasn't sent, and the first offer wasn't offered yet then we don't know yet the settlement amount... what would you estimate since he demanded 650,000?
Sorry, the crystal ball has been cranky lately. Nothing she tells us has been accurate for at least the last 3 months.

jack153

Did you stuttering keep you from spending money and accumulating debt? If not, then stuttering should not be the excuse for not exercising the same rights and responsiblities as the rest of us.

I have a family member that stutters terribly, but he has managed to get a job and keep it. He gets very offended when his stuttering is used to give him extra benefit or disadvantage him.

You right, but for now since it harder for us to get a job, i am left behind with a lot of bills. Is not my fault that the people are discriminating other people because of their disability's, and the fact the i was born with this disorder is not my fault.... i want work, i am a very hard worker but for us, stutters, people judge us to quickly and we deserve a brake....

Zigner

You right, but for now since it harder for us to get a job, i am left behind with a lot of bills. Is not my fault that the people are discriminating other people because of their disability's, and the fact the i was born with this disorder is not my fault.... i want work, i am a very hard worker but for us, stutters, people judge us to quickly and we deserve a brake....
We all have our cross to bear.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I see. It's a soft job market; for every opening there are literally hundreds of applications; people with 30 years of experience and impeccable references have been looking for work for two years. But the ONLY reason that you, a student, don't have a job is that employers discriminate against you for your stuttering.

jack153

I see. It's a soft job market; for every opening there are literally hundreds of applications; people with 30 years of experience and impeccable references have been looking for work for two years. But the ONLY reason that you, a student, don't have a job is that employers discriminate against you for your stuttering.

Exactly, why would employers hire a stutter when they have fluent people lined up. I also i have great references. I consider this discrimination.

Zigner

Exactly, why would employers hire a stutter when they have fluent people lined up. I also i have great references. I consider this discrimination.
So do I. Heck, I'd bet that every professional on this board would...
Doesn't mean it's illegal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You missed the point.

There could be 100 different reasons why you are not getting hired, including but not limited to the fact that other people have more and better qualifications, or have more availability because of your student schedule. To assume that the sole reason you are not being hired is because you stutter, in a job market where so many people are out of work, is, quite frankly, ludicrous.

Let's put it another way. What EVIDENCE do you have that, but for your stutter, you would definitely have been hired at the last job you applied for? That the SOLE reason you were not put above the other 300 people who applied for it, whatever it was (and I assure you that I am not exaggerating one bit) was your stutter?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">