• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sublet fell thru

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I did not because when I made the attempt to on said move out date, they were closed. That's when I figured I could probably just meet with the tenants and give them the keys but that's when I found out I was blocked and they backed out.
Still having the keys is problematic.

Perhaps you will hear something today. You might want to go to the office in person.

mobbdeep

To update you guys on this, they finally wrapped everything up 2 days ago after looking into everything and came to an agreement on just taking my entire deposit of $995 and applying it towards the $800 early vacate fee and some $195 cleaning fee they decided to come up with too. I didn't want to deal with them anymore so I agreed to just take the deposit and call it good. I was supposed to get the $195 back had they not dropped the ball but because they had to find someone else to rent to, they of course found a way to keep my entire deposit.

quincy

To update you guys on this, they finally wrapped everything up 2 days ago after looking into everything and came to an agreement on just taking my entire deposit of $995 and applying it towards the $800 early vacate fee and some $195 cleaning fee they decided to come up with too. I didn't want to deal with them anymore so I agreed to just take the deposit and call it good. I was supposed to get the $195 back had they not dropped the ball but because they had to find someone else to rent to, they of course found a way to keep my entire deposit.
Thanks for the update, mobbdeep. I am sorry you are out the $195 but at least you were able to come to an agreement that keeps the matter out of court.

I hope you enjoy your new apartment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">