• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sublet tenant when business gets sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vdo

California,

I am considering subletting space within my business and wonder what happens if i sell or terminate the business with a tenant. Thanks

LdiJ

California,

I am considering subletting space within my business and wonder what happens if i sell or terminate the business with a tenant. Thanks
Well, you would probably need the landlord's approval to sublet any space inside your unit. Most likely you will need to address it in your sublease with your tenant.

vdo

landlord is ok and the lease term defines that the tenant has to leave if the business terminates.

I am just curious if it it is similar to a tenant/landlord situation where the court has to get involved with an eviction if the tenant doesnt want to vacate the premise. or is it defined as trespassing? thanks

LdiJ

landlord is ok and the lease term defines that the tenant has to leave if the business terminates.

I am just curious if it it is similar to a tenant/landlord situation where the court has to get involved with an eviction if the tenant doesnt want to vacate the premise. or is it defined as trespassing? thanks
If the subtenant refuses to leave, then an eviction would be required. Your lease with your subtenant will need to have the same terms as your lease with your landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">