• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sue An Employer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KennyV

I was injured on the job in Pennsylvania about a year ago and have been through three shoulder surgeries thus far and am still having problems. The injury resulted due to an improperly installed piece of equipment that the company knew about but never concerned themselves with until my injury. The equipment (60 pound vent) was designed to be held on with heavy pins but was instead wired on. The wire broke and the vent fell 40 feet onto my shoulder. I am getting workers compensation checks weekly but would like to know if it's possible to sue my employer for wanten and willful conduct as my entire life has been wrecked by this injury. Personal enjoyment is over as every activity I have enjoyed in the past can no longer be done. Also, I've been through three surgeries from the work assigned doctor, two arthroscopes and one open surgery. Doctor informed me that the bone that was broken during the accident has not healed correctly and can cause problems again at any time. All the tests he ordered in the past, plus the first two operations, and he could not see this problem and let the bone heal incorrectly. Can action be taken against the doctor for not catching this prior to opening the shoulder up?

Any advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. My life has changed 100% since this injury and I feel it's just not fair that the company can get away with ruining a persons life without any recourse.

Kenny I'm glad you weren't killed. If this year were 1910, you could sue the employer, but although the Worker's Comp. laws appear to protect an employee, they actually do more for the employer, except you don't have to defend your arguement, save in a case of negligence on your part, which by the looks of it, there was none(?)
I'm glad you're getting comp now, the time to speak to an attorney would be when they hesitate, or stop paying the bills. BUT, if you speak to an attorney at attorneypages.com, you may connect with a PA Comp. attorney, who can prepare you for the road ahead. Hurts like *L*, I know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">