• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suggestion for texasmomlost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
What is the name of your state? present and accounted for, sir!


I have a suggestion for you and since you do enjoy a good relationship with your ex (in child support matters), I want to share this suggestion even if you have closed your thread.

If you have saved enough money to do this, look into an annuity that you pay in full now while the children are young. The annuity will increase without further payment into the annuity. Then, when the children are adults, they will have a significant 'nest-egg' on which they can rely. A twenty-five year or a thirty-year annuity is a good investment and will be available to your children when they are at a time of life when it has been difficult to make substantial savings contributions.

If you have not saved enough to put about $4,000 each into an annuity, perhaps their father would help you save the necessary $4,000 per child and together (or one of you) purchase the annuities.



Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential