• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summary Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?New York
If and when a summary judgement is given to the plaintiff in a cc case; what happens next...am i contacted by plaintiff to try and settle or does the court decide what happens next?

TigerD

You are a complete and total ass.

The source of your problems:
Your post on 23July to someone else:
"go to budd hibbs website..."

Your first post on this subject:
"What is the name of your state? new york (not city)
here is my situation. i was away on vacation for about 5 weeks. when i returned i found a summons/complaint on my door in regards to a cc debt. my question is when does the 30 days start for me to file an answer. i have no idea when it was placed on my door. if i call the attorney who sent it to me (why should i believe what he says) my 30 days will be up. i called the court to see if the index # on summons was real and they have date when filed correctly listed with them. what if i dont do anything because i dont know when my 3o days starts. i know new york is a "nail and mail state" but dont they have to file an affadavit of service or something to prove when they sent / nailed this to my door. thanks in advance*"

In case you forgot that was the thread where you also said you were unemployed for a living and you called the court everyday to see if they have received proof of service.

Your posting on 30July said you were going to file BK -- guess that didn't work huh?

In you 31July posting you were worried you couldn't file BK because you have $79,000 in equity in you house.

On 11 Aug you pulled the "Don't they have to have a license routine...

On 14 Aug you questioned what constituted validation and got good advice from Ladynred.

On 19 Aug you asked if you actually had to disclose all of your income and assets...

On 27 Aug you recommended another poster go to Bud Hibbs because he helped you so much -- at that time Debt Guy had to tell the other poster to ignore you unless they would enjoy a judgement

On 15 Sept you wrote that you received a summons and were still validating that one when you received another one. Again you were told what to do by Debt Guy and Ladynred and you responded with "2 Words Judgement Proof"

Your questions have been answered several times. Now, please crawl back into the gutter you crawled out of

DC

Chien

High Fives to DC, who actually read your prior fantasies.

Hope someone else, someone legitimately caught-up in one of your imagined emergencies (no one could be dense enough to be caught in all), gets help from the advice given. You're clearly willing to wait 'til the roof caves in and then deny it happened.

"Judgment proof"? The question that you should have asked is how immunized you really are? "Judgment proof"? Bet we could surprise you.

Oh, your question -
If and when a summary judgement is given to the plaintiff in a cc case; what happens next...am i contacted by plaintiff to try and settle or does the court decide what happens next?
The answer is neither. The court is through with you. The amount you owe goes up 25-50%. SOL protection on the debt goes out the window and you get thrown to the lions. You also become the poster boy for what not to do when faced with debt litigation. Strong choices you make. As far as the plaintiff wanting to settle, you'll have to ask them if they care. They already got you in a place you don't wanna be got.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">