• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

summer visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

But wait, I'm almost sure deep in these threads somewhere you said that flip flopping a child days here and days there is confusing to the child too. So I guess we should make men pay support and never give them the opportunity to parent their child uninterrupted. Being with their fathers is too confusing. Kids are resilient, they'll get over it. The only person who will be having the emotional breakdown is mom and if that's the case, she should seek some medical intervention.

I don't think dad should bend here. He should get his month, and let mom have EOW during that time.

LdiJ

But wait, I'm almost sure deep in these threads somewhere you said that flip flopping a child days here and days there is confusing to the child too. So I guess we should make men pay support and never give them the opportunity to parent their child uninterrupted. Being with their fathers is too confusing. Kids are resilient, they'll get over it. The only person who will be having the emotional breakdown is mom and if that's the case, she should seek some medical intervention.

I don't think dad should bend here. He should get his month, and let mom have EOW during that time.
And that is different than what mom wants, how? The EOW breaks it up. By the way, I think that every other week during the summer is good. I don't like it for really littles when its a permanent arrangement. I think that every other week doesn't work well for very little kids, and sometimes teens.

I should note that I am only going by what dad requested in his order. Everything is what he requested and I am not inclined to say no to any of the time. My disagreement never included less visitation time than what dad requested, but the issues was more the continuity of the visitation time. In fact, what he requested was every other summer, for 31 days but I am suggesting every summer,in two 2 week periods.

I had some setbacks when I first read it but then realized he should get all the time he is asking for, so I didnt disagree with anything except the christmas schedule (forgot to mention that one too) and the summer schedule. I did say that I would have no problem graduating to a longer summer schedule with each year.

JacobJoel

ahhhh

so what you were looking for was feedback on the pros and cons of dad's request over your request in the negotiation process.

and you got it. from the best, i might add.

LdiJ

I should note that I am only going by what dad requested in his order. Everything is what he requested and I am not inclined to say no to any of the time. My disagreement never included less visitation time than what dad requested, but the issues was more the continuity of the visitation time. In fact, what he requested was every other summer, for 31 days but I am suggesting every summer,in two 2 week periods.

I had some setbacks when I first read it but then realized he should get all the time he is asking for, so I didnt disagree with anything except the christmas schedule (forgot to mention that one too) and the summer schedule. I did say that I would have no problem graduating to a longer summer schedule with each year.
So are you saying that dad only asked for 31 continuous days every other summer? If so, the what you are offering is far more generous. Again, though is there some particular reason why dad would ask for something like that? Is his family out of the country or far away and he wants to travel to spend the time with them every other year?

maryjo

I just wanted to say that the first summer is always the hardest. Especially when they are young. But you will all get through it and everyone will be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">