• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with anyone. I know that you are all attorney's here, but it just seemed weird to me at frist because I was in a somewhat similar situation about 3 years ago, with a couple exceptions.

I was at Texas Children's when my oldest was born and this lady backed into me while trying to give someone clearance to pull out of a space in the parking garage. I had a license, and I wasn't at fault in that case either. But what the cop told me was that they do not issue citations on private property. He did not clarify with me to what extent that goes.

I see now what you're saying though I believe. Simply as you have stated here, just to operate a motor vehicle, you're supposed to be licensed if it is a place where the public has access, or will access. I wasn't trying to argue, just trying to get more clarity out of it because I only received half the information when I was in a situation somewhat the same.

Thanks for your responses.
UMass is NOT private property. IT is a state instutition and therefore public property and therefore the cop could give a ticket there.

You Are Guilty

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with anyone. I know that you are all attorney's here, but it just seemed weird to me at frist because I was in a somewhat similar situation about 3 years ago, with a couple exceptions.

I was at Texas Children's when my oldest was born and this lady backed into me while trying to give someone clearance to pull out of a space in the parking garage. I had a license, and I wasn't at fault in that case either. But what the cop told me was that they do not issue citations on private property. He did not clarify with me to what extent that goes.

I see now what you're saying though I believe. Simply as you have stated here, just to operate a motor vehicle, you're supposed to be licensed if it is a place where the public has access, or will access. I wasn't trying to argue, just trying to get more clarity out of it because I only received half the information when I was in a situation somewhat the same.

Thanks for your responses.
Don't confuse "won't" with "don't" :) Officers often have quite a bit of discretion as to what ticket they write, and where they write them. Sometimes, they "won't" write a certain ticket that they "could" write, (for a variety of reasons which they usually don't want you to know about.)

themask

UMass is NOT private property. IT is a state instutition and therefore public property and therefore the cop could give a ticket there.
I was actually visiting my high school for the day to help out with some interning for computers :rolleyes:

Same thing though... government owned school..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">