• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?NY
my license was suspended after getting arrested for dwi. i went to court and made a plea with the DA go on one year interm-probation, complete it successful and the driving while intoxicated will be lowered to driving while impaired . now the dmv says if charge with driving while intoxicated you lose your license for 6 months. or if charged with driving while impaired you lose your license for 90 days. do i have to wait a year or more now, because the driving while intoxicated does not stand yet. or will i get my license at the end of 6 months.


Senior Member

Wish I could help more, but I suggest you research online or ask DMV some questions. Here in Florida, there are two different entities that deal with DUI. The court system has their suspension, then the DMV is another. They don't have to agree, and DMV does not have to abide by shorter suspension issued by court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential