• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taken Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

LdiJ said:
I have to disagree with that. Its really the opposite. Joint legal custody is very much the norm (joint decision making) and more people are getting some form of joint physical custody, but its not to the stage at all where its "nearly everyone". It is for joint legal custody, but not joint physical.

Imagine that, you disagree with me, who would have thunk it. :rolleyes: I'm not sure you're need to try quoting me and calling me out when I have tried to make sure not to do the same to you to end this disagreement but obviously you want the drama. At any rate, joint physical does not have to mean equal time. My papers said joint physical and sole legal and all my ex had was standard visitation according the guidelines, so, I do disagree with your assessment.

Now, to the OP. The point of the matter is that dad has these rights and they have been signed by a judge. There is nothing you have said that would warrant the judge changing that decision. You would have to have proof that dad doesn't deserve joint custody and nothing you have said warrants that. You will end up going in and ticking off this judge. If you live in a small town where all the proceedings are handled by the same judge he/she will remember you if you keep taking petty things to him/her so when something serious does come up you will have be required to have a higher burden of proof.

LdiJ

tigger22472 said:
Imagine that, you disagree with me, who would have thunk it. :rolleyes: I'm not sure you're need to try quoting me and calling me out when I have tried to make sure not to do the same to you to end this disagreement but obviously you want the drama. At any rate, joint physical does not have to mean equal time. My papers said joint physical and sole legal and all my ex had was standard visitation according the guidelines, so, I do disagree with your assessment.

Now, to the OP. The point of the matter is that dad has these rights and they have been signed by a judge. There is nothing you have said that would warrant the judge changing that decision. You would have to have proof that dad doesn't deserve joint custody and nothing you have said warrants that. You will end up going in and ticking off this judge. If you live in a small town where all the proceedings are handled by the same judge he/she will remember you if you keep taking petty things to him/her so when something serious does come up you will have be required to have a higher burden of proof.
I don't know why you think that I have any reason to look for things to disagree with you about. Because I certainly don't. Just because you and I seriously disagreed on one thread does not mean I disagree with you about everything.

Its common knowledge that pretty much everybody gets joint legal custody. Which is the main reason is disgreed with that particular post. You made it seem as though joint legal wasn't ordered as often as joint physical, where I honestly believe its the opposite....and yes, I am well aware that joint physical doesn't require a 50/50 timeshare.

Shesh!!!

undefined
it's funny how i ask you on one questiong and i make sure i mention that i do want his dad in his life but still after i try to make everything clear enough for you people to understand it ... you still want to put an import in on how i am.. or who i am... and i know that this joint thing doesn't mean 50/50 it has nothing to do w/ that now if you would like to do your homework then come anwser my question and if you are good enough to figure out what i am asking from you guys then i'll apoligize for taking up your time okay note: make sure you do all of your homework... :D

tigger22472

nicole_1005 said:
undefined
it's funny how i ask you on one questiong and i make sure i mention that i do want his dad in his life but still after i try to make everything clear enough for you people to understand it ... you still want to put an import in on how i am.. or who i am... and i know that this joint thing doesn't mean 50/50 it has nothing to do w/ that now if you would like to do your homework then come anwser my question and if you are good enough to figure out what i am asking from you guys then i'll apoligize for taking up your time okay note: make sure you do all of your homework... :D
You have been told not only here but on the other board what rights you have and what rights you don't have. You have also been told what the likely outcome of these actions will be. If you listened then you would know this already.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
nicole_1005 said:
undefined
Sweetheart - your posts here and there are nearly incomprehensible. You got lots of good input there - from lawyers. Listen to it.

what is wrong....

What is wrong w/ getting a second opinion.... and I am thinking of my son... Would you trust joint c. with a father who only does things to hurt you or get back at you.... Who is not thinking of the well being of his son?..... :(

dallas702

Interesting thread, but I have to ask if I'm missing some big piece of this mystery. What is the big deal, Nicole? LdiJ jas explained to you that "joint custody" is pretty much the norm these days. That only means that both parents have a legal position in the best interests of the child. It doesn't mean the dad is going to get any more physical time with the child than the court schedules for him. If you look at the document is probably says "joint LEGAL custody, and possibly even uses the term "joint physical custody", and then a time-share/visitation schedule.

It doesn't matter what you think of dad, nor what you agree or disagree about. He is going to be a part of your life and your child's life for as long as your son lives. He has a right to be involved in important decisions and to know all about his health, education, and other special needs. Even if he never gave you a dime, he still has these rights....and so does your son.

So, get used to it. You now have JOINT legal custody of your son with his father. Do not try to keep important information from dad. Do not try to discourage him or your son from seeing each other or making plans for the future. Your first thought should be to find ways to cooperate for your son's sake.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">