• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Taking name of contracts.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neveragian

What is the name of your state (CA)?

I want to take my name of certain house bills/close them down but the ex boyfriend will not let me contact him, I no longer live there and do not see why he should use my credit for his own benefit.

He has said if I contact him he will place a restraining order on me :eek:for harrasment, how do I get my personal effects from the house and remove/close my name without him going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyjeff

You call the utilites, etc and tell them you no longer live there.

You tell the ex that unless you can come get your stuff, you will sue him for it, win, and then hit him with your legal fees.

His threat of a harassment suit is garbage.

Neveragian

You call the utilites, etc and tell them you no longer live there.

You tell the ex that unless you can come get your stuff, you will sue him for it, win, and then hit him with your legal fees.

His threat of a harassment suit is garbage.
Problem is the satellite and Internet are contracts for 1 years and 2 years and the satellite will have to be removed from then house, do I take cops with me to get the stuff out of there.

I am going to have to soak up the early cancellation fee;s but at least my credit will be in good standing.

Neveragian

How much time remains on the contracts? Are BOTH of your names on these contracts?

Over a year and my name is the primary, ie he gets the bills in his name, but they have used my SS number so I will be the one with bad credit if he defaults, I would rather pay them whatever it is to close the contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">