• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThinLizzy

What is the name of your state? NC

My deadline for objections was 4/28 but the court says I don't get a discharge until like 2 weeks after. I included my state taxes for the past 2 years which are not dischargeable. I got a notice of assesement today from the state dept of revenue for 2000, 2001, and 2002 saying I underpaid and owe all these taxes and penalties. Are these dischargeable since they are so old, and is it too late to add them to the BK?

bigun

Under some circumstances, old taxes can be discharged.
You need to talk with a lawyer and see if your situation allows for discharge. This site and others do a good job with routine bk questions. When back taxes are involved, it's not a routine filing and your best bet is an attirney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">