• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax question & EIC (Custody)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2Mistakes

Yes, you can amend prior returns if it will benefit you. I believe you can go back and do 2006-2008. 2006 would have to be completed PRIOR to 04/15 - otherwise that one falls off.

Now, would you not have qualified with stepdaughter and the youngest child?
Yep yep. So no need to amend prior years. I'm good there. And I'm good for 2009 because I claim 2 of mine, plus my step-daughter, so that's 3.

I guess next year I'll have to figure it out.

2Mistakes

But wait. Doesn't it still suck for tax payers that she got thousands of $$ the last few years by fraudently getting EIC?

I should probably leave it alone, as she and I are semi-getting along at the moment, but tax fraud irks me. :mad:

TinkerBelleLuvr

She might just have gotten quite a bit with the child tax credit and additional child tax credit. You DON'T know without seeing her tax return.

CJane

Ummm... don't you make WAY too much money to qualify for EIC? And if you DON'T, why the he** are you commuting 2 hours each way for a practically poverty level job?

2Mistakes

She might just have gotten quite a bit with the child tax credit and additional child tax credit. You DON'T know without seeing her tax return.
I saw her '06, '07, and '08 returns last month during discovery. I have copies of them but can't access them at the moment.

If my memory serves me correct, (and these are estimated figures), her refunds were as follows:

2006 - $4,500 +/-
2007 - $2,000 +/-
2008 - $4,700 +/-

In '06 and '08, she claimed 2 of our 3 kids. In '07, she claimed 1 of our 3 kids.

LdiJ

I saw her '06, '07, and '08 returns last month during discovery. I have copies of them but can't access them at the moment.

If my memory serves me correct, (and these are estimated figures), her refunds were as follows:

2006 - $4,500 +/-
2007 - $2,000 +/-
2008 - $4,700 +/-

In '06 and '08, she claimed 2 of our 3 kids. In '07, she claimed 1 of our 3 kids.
How much money did she make in those years?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">