• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telephone Standby Juror In Long Island Federal Courthouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi Quincy and all who replied to my worrisome post.

I just phoned the jury clerk at the Eastern District Courthouse in Central Islip. Her name was
Rosemary. I explained all about the questionnaire (yes indeed, it was legit). I then told her I didn't understand why, if I explained my health issues in a questionnaire, why did I get a summons? She asked for my participant number, looked it up and said "Oh, don't worry, you have been excused". I said 'if I have been excused, then why did I get a telephone standby jury summons". She said "Because you never sent in any documentation with the questionnaire". I said "But I did the questionnaire over the internet".

She said 'Ah, I get it, but not to worry' (I also told her I responded to the summons, I emailed them also with the same explanation(she laughed and said "not to worry, you are excused".

I further asked if I would be getting a letter making this official (BECAUSE I DON'T TRUST ANYBODY), (between you and I) of course, not telling her that. She said 'You will probably get a letter telling you that you are excused". I then asked "And if I don't receive any letter from your court, do I have to call the Telephone Standby Jury Number on the day before the date I was supposed to show up?. She said "oh no, don't worry, you don't have to call, or do anything, you have been excused".

One thing I forgot to ask is "Am I excused forever?" How stupid of me, I'm probably excused for this time, in Federal Court.

But I don't care, I'm excused, I do thank all of you for all your patience, and now I shall return to my hobby which is growing my own food in my house. I have a kitchen garden where I sprout all my microgreens and this has literally saved my husband's and my life. All organic, pesticide free. I might not be able to walk like a 20 year old because of age and arthritis but I still have a little spring in my step. But I haven't had a cold in 10 years. lol. I make my own colloidal silver also. (look that up, people have been doing this for centuries). Just wanted to share.

Thanks again for all your help.

Melody

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Please don't post back because you are worried about your excusal letter. If the court clerk said you were excused then I would take her on her word and forget about it.

I don't think you have to worry about getting called for Federal jury service again. Most people go through a lifetime without getting called for it.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I make my own colloidal silver also. (look that up, people have been doing this for centuries).
Off topic, but since you mentioned it - there are no sound scientific studies to show that silver has any beneficial effect. Silver has no known purpose in the human body and is not an essential mineral.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen), quinolone antibiotics, tetracycline and thyroxine (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid) medications.

I like organics, but ingesting a metal which has no know benefit is not for me. Beware and be careful.

Off topic, but since you mentioned it - there are no sound scientific studies to show that silver has any beneficial effect. Silver has no known purpose in the human body and is not an essential mineral.

It's not clear how much colloidal silver may be harmful, but it can build up in your body's tissues over months or years. Most commonly, this results in a blue-gray discoloration of your skin, eyes, internal organs, nails and gums.

Rarely, excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine (Cuprimine, Depen), quinolone antibiotics, tetracycline and thyroxine (Levothroid, Levoxyl, Synthroid) medications.

I like organics, but ingesting a metal which has no know benefit is not for me. Beware and be careful.
Highway man:

I have been taking a teaspoon of Colloidal Silver everyday for 10 years. I first started buying SilverBiotics from GNC my local health store. They charge $20.00 for 8 oz. Once I learned how to make my own, I started doing so. Mine is a much less dosage of silver ions than what is in Silver Biotics. I use two little pure silver things and one 9 volt battery and a two quart mason jar. Five hours later I have colloidal silver. My friends use actual generators to make their batches. As far as turning blue, all you have to do is go on youtube and look at the Blue Man who has been using HUGE doses for 30 years, turned blue, never got sick but died from something completely unrelated. Grandmothers of YEARS ago used to put a silver dollar in their babies milk because of the antibiotic effects of the silver. Babies back then were healthy as horses. Not so today with all the GMO food and viruses out there. I have not had as much as a cold in 10 years. All my friends (who think I'm a riot) get colds, the flu, sinus infections, bacterial infections, etc. etc. I have been diabetic for 28 years. In the past 10 years I have not had one bacterial infection anywhere and believe me, for a diabetic, that is really something. Can't do much about arthritis. But at my age I do more than any 68 year old that I know. Also, (and you'll probably laugh at this), I take a form of B-12 that improves memory, and repairs nerve damage in the body. I take 5000 of Methyl B
-12 every single morning. I have an eidetic memory. I remember everything. So while (on a bad rainy day), my back hurts and have the usual aches and pains of any 68 year old woman, I can also remember exactly what I did on such and such a day for the past 60 or so years. I attribute all of that to my Methyl B-12. Look it up. It's a marvelous memory booster. Sorry to go off topic but in my case, whatever I'm doing, (like taking one tsp of colloidal silver) I hope to continue this until I die. My husband would not be without it. Even my doctor (who is a body builder), loves the idea.

Don't knock it til you try it. rofl.

Melody

P.S. Think about it. If everyone never got a cold or the flu or got sick, bit pharmaceutical companies would go out of business now wouldn't they? Take C and Zinc if you've been exposed, wash your hands with soap and water, and a tsp of colloidal silver and you'll never get sick. (well hopefully anyway, lol)

And not to worry, if I don't get a notice from the court indicating I'm excused, I won't post here. I have written everything down, got the jury clerk's name and I'm good to go.

quincy

I am happy to learn that the questionnaire was legitimate and that the court received all of your documentation and that you are excused from appearing at the end of March. It is nice that the phone call was able to relieve your worries.

Thank you for the update, Melody. :)

Quincy. You have no idea the weight that was lifted off of me. Sure, I have health issues, who doesn't at my age but I take excellent care of me and my husband. It was the fact that he has cancer, is deaf and completely dependent on me, THAT is why I was concerned.

He has more things wrong with him than I do wrong with me.

So when I got this jury summons I said 'OMG, that's all I need.

So now that has been rectified.

I do thank you for replying. You take care

Melody

quincy

Quincy. You have no idea the weight that was lifted off of me. Sure, I have health issues, who doesn't at my age but I take excellent care of me and my husband. It was the fact that he has cancer, is deaf and completely dependent on me, THAT is why I was concerned.

He has more things wrong with him than I do wrong with me.

So when I got this jury summons I said 'OMG, that's all I need.

So now that has been rectified.

I do thank you for replying. You take care

Melody
I understand that receiving a jury summons is a concern for many. Trying to figure out how to rearrange everything in one's life in order to serve on a jury is hard enough, but when there are complicating factors as in your case, it does cause worry.

It is good that you can now concentrate on taking care of your husband, yourself, and your garden.

You take care, too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">