• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Telling parents about unwanted child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a girl pregnant and she had the baby. I made it clear from the moment she told me that I did not want the child and I feel no connection to the child, therefore have not felt the urge to tell my parents, however she is insisting that i tell them or she will come to my door and tell them herself.

What can i do? Does she have the right to come to my house and tell them?

LdiJ

Yes, she does. I suspect your parents would also want to know that they had a grandchild.

PayrollHRGuy

I made a girl pregnant and she had the baby. I made it clear from the moment she told me that I did not want the child and I feel no connection to the child, therefore have not felt the urge to tell my parents, however she is insisting that i tell them or she will come to my door and tell them herself.

What can i do? Does she have the right to come to my house and tell them?
Do you for some reason think that by being pregnant she somehow loses her rights to free speech? She doesn't.

It really doesn't matter though. I'm pretty sure your parents will find out when she or the state sues you for child support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">