• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temp. Agencies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fairisfair

lexi48 said:
Yes, I am registered with a number of temp. agencies. One I have done an assignment for said she was working on something for me. I am trying not to get my hopes up. Two agencies I have never heard of called me as they got my resume online. One said he had a job at a very big co. here in town and when I went I had to take some tests and then was told they would keep my resume. I asked about the job he mentioned. He had even told me the salary. He asked me what job? He did not even remember telling me about a job he wanted me to come in and apply for. The other agency called with a job that I have done before. He ended up telling me about 2 other jobs that had nothing to do with a claims examiner. He said he would try to set up something and call me in the afternoon but never did and he never answered my e-mails.
How did you do on the tests? Did they review your scores with you and let you know if there were any areas of concern? It sounds to me like you ended up not having the qualifications that they were looking for. Many times clients have very precise qualifications that they are looking for, and only the testing procedure can determine if you fill those specific needs. It also sounds like you are working with a very unprofessional staffing agent.

ecmst12

I've never had to try this advice, but that's what I was told...this is if you want anything that comes in, including the one-day-someone-called-out-sick jobs, not a permanent or temp-to-hire job.

fairisfair

ecmst12 said:
I've never had to try this advice, but that's what I was told...this is if you want anything that comes in, including the one-day-someone-called-out-sick jobs, not a permanent or temp-to-hire job.
that is true, this would be a good idea for someone looking for a day labor position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">