• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Temporary Custody Hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Without a lawyer; can I request discovery from the other party to better prepare? Statements, evidence etc
Yes. If you can figure out how. Which is the same answer to your question about filing for contempt.

Please keep all your future questions to this thread to avoid parallel discussions.

Texas court websites often have DIY pages. There may be forms and instructions for contempt filings. If not, you'll have to google for them.

Discovery is between the parties. You might have to google some to get samples.

The risk of DIY litigation is that going up against a lawyer without one of your own is like taking a rubber knife to a gunfight. You could end up on the ground bleeding.

The reward is that you can save tens of thousands of dollars if you survive. ;)

Bali Hai Again

I took a rubber knife to a gunfight (my lawyer), paid tens of thousands of dollars and ended up on the ground bleeding. I’ve often wondered if it could have been worse if I did it myself. I suspect the answer is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">