• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant is thinking of subleasing, but has a dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

There are definitely bad landlords.

All of my rental houses have hardwood floors so I have never had to worry about carpet cleaning. Perhaps surprisingly, since I rent primarily to college students, I have never had a problem with damaged floors and, with parent-cosigners, I haven't really worried. Most students don't have pets, though. The worst smell on move-out tends to be a lingering smell of stale beer and marijuana. :)
If my pets caused damages I would pay for it. What I won't pay for is being charged for full house room to room carpets that stunk because of their "orders". My cat was ...awesome. If his litter was dirty (we changed it 2x per day) he would pee in the bathroom sink. Gross...but not a damage to the LL. I still miss that boy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">