• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant/tenant dispute question.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InternetAngel

Idaho State

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I live in a townhouse complex beside a neighbor that isnt very neighborly. I guess I should mention he is a menatally disabled person, yet deemed by the state fit enuff to live on his own. He has episodes of banging on my walls at all hours of the night. Sometimes I can understand a light tapping when my kids are being noisy, even though I prefer him to knock on my door. He bangs on the walls SO hard he has knocked many of my picture frames down to the floor and they have broken. Most of the time when I go over and ask him not to bang on the walls he wont answer.
I have gone to the resident manager before, hence we just got a new one and nothing is now being done. People think that just because he has a lower IQ that I should just accept it. I knocked on his door tonight to remind him that if he needs something to knock on my door and to stop breaking my things. He cussed me out calling me names and telling me to go to hell...stating that the lease says we can be as noisy as we want until 10. I have looked up our State Statute on the matter and have learned its a misdemeanor for him doing this. I guess I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on what I can do? Call the police every time? Complain every time to the manager(who by the way is only in the office 4 days a week from 930 until 1100)? Any suggestions? Please.
Thanks
Gina

HomeGuru

InternetAngel said:
Idaho State

I am hoping someone out there can help me. I live in a townhouse complex beside a neighbor that isnt very neighborly. I guess I should mention he is a menatally disabled person, yet deemed by the state fit enuff to live on his own. He has episodes of banging on my walls at all hours of the night. Sometimes I can understand a light tapping when my kids are being noisy, even though I prefer him to knock on my door. He bangs on the walls SO hard he has knocked many of my picture frames down to the floor and they have broken. Most of the time when I go over and ask him not to bang on the walls he wont answer.
I have gone to the resident manager before, hence we just got a new one and nothing is now being done. People think that just because he has a lower IQ that I should just accept it. I knocked on his door tonight to remind him that if he needs something to knock on my door and to stop breaking my things. He cussed me out calling me names and telling me to go to hell...stating that the lease says we can be as noisy as we want until 10. I have looked up our State Statute on the matter and have learned its a misdemeanor for him doing this. I guess I am wondering if anyone has any other suggestions on what I can do? Call the police every time? Complain every time to the manager(who by the way is only in the office 4 days a week from 930 until 1100)? Any suggestions? Please.
Thanks
Gina
**A: call the police every time and document each incident by sending a ceritifed rrr letter to the manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">