• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tenant wont leave or pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ldragos

My tenant has not paid rent on time yet and has been living there for 3 months. Rent was not paid on the 1st this month and as per lease tenant has 5 days to correct and if not corrected must remove self and possessions from premises within 3 days. She did not pay the rent and was to have been out yesterday on the 8th. I have complied to all the lease stipulations by sending a certified letter telling her if not retified she must leave on the 8th. In the lease it states if not remedied the landlord can enter the premises and remove tenant and any person or property. Does this mean I can have a policeman remove her? Can I use the security to cover any legal actions I may have to take or to have someone remove her stuff?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">