• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tenant's belongings left

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littleJoe

Hello, Experts,

I am in Masschusetts. My tenant already moved out from my single family house to an apartment, but he let his boat sit on my property for over one month and has ignored my repeated requests to take his boat. He doesn't take my calls. Most likely his new apartment doesn't allow his boat to be there. What options do I have before seeking attorney's help? Thanks for your advices.

L.J.

LdiJ

I think that the type of boat and it's condition would factor into what should be done as well.

LdiJ

More of littleJoe’s story was in his previous thread:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/previous-tenants-refuses-to-remove-personal-items-after-a-fire-accident.663519/

I suppose it could be possible that the previous tenants are waiting on a decision from the insurance company on a fire damage claim.
Ah, THAT landlord. He should do nothing without consulting a landlord/tenant attorney. This is not a simple case of a tenant abandoning or potentially abandoning property. Treating it like one could bite him in the behind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">