• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Evelyn Hill

New York, NY - I resigned from my place of employment after I was denied vacation time which I was entitled to. I was told that if I took a day off, I would be required to bring in a doctor's notice when I returned to work. Prior to this, I had not been giving any warnings about my attendance. It is really difficult for me to put all that transpired on paper. However, I would like to know if there is any legal recourse I may take to file a complaint against my former employer?



Send me an e mail with your circumstance and I'll see if I can help. For now, I would have to say that you should have not resigned from your emplyoment because it does not help matters. Resignations are usually interpreted as a form of guilt or avoidance, not to say that you are or were.

Good Luck
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential