• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

thank you SJLin, stipulated continuance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Thank you for answering me... My son is 18, and has received his 1rst D. U.I. in Washington State. I have been told he cannot ask for a stipulated continuance because he is only 18... Is this true??? My son really is a good child,,, He had two drinks, and appx. two hours later, he drove his friend home.. When he stopped at his friends house, he turned off the lights on his car, and didn't turn them on when he drove away.. The police officer stopped him to tell him, and said he smelled alcohol... Gave him a breath test, and he blew a .156 { 2 hours after he drank anything}.He has a court appointed attorney{ which doesen't help in our town} What can we do to be prepared, and help him get a lighter sentence???? If I thought my son was an alcoholic,,,, I WOULD NOT be asking for help before help befor we see his attorney.. Please give me some knowledge of what to say to this attorney..... Thank you annh7..........................



I don't believe your son had only 2 drinks -- unless he weighs 80 pounds.

If you have a desire to help, hire a capable lawyer for the son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential