• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The employer ignoring income withholding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Papaya

The combination of wages & tips must be at LEAST minimum wage. But, the only part of the check is the wages, with a subtraction for taxes that cover both wages & tips. Depending on how much a server makes versus the amount of tips collected, a server could actually have a very small check. Remember they are pocketing the tips as they go, if not zero. It is possible that they do not have enough left of their check to withhold all their social security & medicare taxes. They then pay those when they file their taxes.

Is daddy dearest a server?
Yes I believe he is a server.

Papaya

Just spoke to the OAG

The rept at the OAG said there is no way to check if Restaurant B ever contacted the OAG to verify or deny his employement information after they received the order of income withholding. Very helpful (NOT!).

I stressed that if Restaurant B was simply ignoring the OAG's order, that would be a big problem. The rep said she was going to call the payroll for Restaurant B to verify the address of their corporate office and ask if NP has been employed there or not. I thank the rep because she's the 1st one who offered to pick up the phone to call the employer! I didn't know they did that! LOL. I'm supposed to call the OAG back tomorrow to get the status... To be continued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">