• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The filing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigger22472

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am in the process of typing up the filing for my husband to show his ex wife and hopefully come to an agreement on the custody issues. I have written up a motion before and that part was easy. Seeing as they are not asking to go to court but simply asking the court to sign off on the paperwork I have a few questions.

Would I have the line for the judges signature just under the order and then at the bottom have the signatures of the parties and then the notice of notary?

weenor

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am in the process of typing up the filing for my husband to show his ex wife and hopefully come to an agreement on the custody issues. I have written up a motion before and that part was easy. Seeing as they are not asking to go to court but simply asking the court to sign off on the paperwork I have a few questions.

Would I have the line for the judges signature just under the order and then at the bottom have the signatures of the parties and then the notice of notary?

That will work. Just don't forget to but a "date" line. I usually put it under the body of the order (centered) and then put the judge's signature line below that. (i.e. DONE this day of 2007.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">