• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the outcome of my court appearance....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irish77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Well, the day came and the day went. Some of you have been very helpful and provided some great information, so I want to post some of the details of my court appearance yesterday.

Charged with DWI in NJ with a BAC of over .10. It was .178. Also charged with not wearing a seatbelt. Have a prior DUI charge in PA that was dismissed to ARD in 2000. Yesterday was pretty much cut and dry. Prosecution described everything about the stop. No real surprises. What was interesting was the judge questioning the prosecution. My belief is that some things could of been questioned about the officers report, but not enough to go to trial and fight it and cost quite a bit of money.

In the end I left the court with the the following. This is only applicable to my New Jersey driving privledges. Seven month suspension in Jersey effective yesterday, 12 hours of IDRC safe-driving classes, 700.00 fine & court costs. Basically the brunt of it. I know that things could of turned out much worse as he did not apply a jail sentence nor did he apply ignition interlock in NJ.

On the flip side, my counsel informed me that when PennDot picks this up that it will "most" likely be a 12 month suspension & ignition interlocking as I went through ARD in 2001 and for all intensive purposes this will be considered a 2nd offense.

Since these are so common, I just saw that someone went through the same thing I did, but states were reversed. Good luck to you. The outcome was not bad, but wasn't good either. I feel better that it is over though and I can start the process. Plan on taking the classes before august is out.

Irish

paguy88

What was interesting was the judge questioning the prosecution. My belief is that some things
what did he question?

I am courious...

glad it is over...

did he give you an idea on what time frame it will take Penn Dot to pick this up?

it's all over now pay your fine do the classes.. and get back on track.

I am confident this time you have leanred your lesson..

irish77

yeah, the judge questioned the prosecution about my ability to stand while I was taking the sobriety tests. when the prosecutor stammered, the judge hammered him a bit. the prosecutor started repeating things he already said and my lawyers eyes were lighting up. the report from the trooper waas pretty much full-proof though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">