• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The Past

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tildawn

Have you ever heard of the First Offender ACT.If you have not then you need to call your probation office and get some infor. My brother was convicted of theft by receiving 10yrs. ago and now he is trying to get a pardon from the state of GA, I was told if it was not a violent crime and he is a first offender then he will most likley get a pardon. I believe in people getting a second chance as long as it was not a violent crime . My brother borrowed a 4-wheeler from a friend not knowing it was stolen .My brother plays soft ball and he was tellin a friend ( so he thought) about the 4-wheeler his friend was a cop. 6 mths after he rode it the police told him that it was stolen . They asked him to give a statement claiming he rode it giving him the impression that he was not in trouble . As soon as he did they arrestd him . I thought that was wrong he was trying to help the police out and they advised him to give the statment they never once let on that he was going to be charged ( so maybe he could have consulted a ATT).So for that my brother has to be band as an FELON for the rest of his life . Do you people consider him a threat to our society ? They just made a good honest man a felon. So what is wrong with our this situation ? I believe my brother has the right to get his rights granted back . He should have never got them taken away. SO you go ahead and look up infor. on the FIRST OFFENDER ACT see if you qualify.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">