• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

They think their smart.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sherry Hayes

Alabama
My husband hurt his knee at work about 11 months ago. He went to Medical at the plant they gave him knee braces and told him to follow up with an orthepedic surgeon. Because of the way he works and getting an appointment he put it off. Last week I finally got him to go to the doctor. The doctor put him on restriction from doing one process out of 300 so he is not on his knees, so the swelling will go down so he can preform and MRI. When my husband went back to work with the restriction they sent him home and told him he could not return until he had a form from the doctor stating so. So the next day he got the form to return to work. They told him he didn't follow the correct procedures for an injury at work. When he returned to work on Thursday a securtiy guard and he had words about a parking spot.
On Monday when my husband returned to work he was called to human resources and told that he may be terminated for the incident that took place with the security guard, they would let him know on Tuesday whether or not he had a job. He never cursed the security guard or did he come in contact with him physically. He just simply would not give the guard his badge number. My husband has never been reprimended for behavior or anything in the 3 years he has been employeed there he has been a model employee. Know that he has hurt his knee they are looking for things to terminate him for. My question is is this legal?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So eleven months ago they told him to follow up with an orthopedic surgeon and he didn't. A security guard asked for his badge number and he refused to give it. But the ONLY reason they might be looking to term him is that he filed a workers comp claim (almost a year ago)?

S

Sherry Hayes

No he filed a claim again just this week.. They would not give him time off to go to the othopedic surgeon. He travels in his job and has been on 6 days for over 10 months with Sunday being his only off day. Kind of hard to get an appointment on Sunday. Also the securtiy guard had no reason for requesting his badge number he hadn't done anything wrong.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">