• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This needs pinned (QUINCY WOULD AGREE)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I say QUINCY would agree because he is the one who showed me this video many moons ago but it is relevant:

Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube

Watch it.. know it.. understand it...
Haha. Yes, quincy agrees. :)

Professor James Duane, of Regent University School of Law, explains perhaps better than anyone else why you should not talk to the police.

You have the right to remain silent. Exercise that right.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

I've been posting that video on several sites for several years now.

Professor Duane has a second video (and a book) called "You Have the Right to Remain Innocent." He discusses how innocent people have remained in prison for years and decades because they didn't invoke the right to an attorney. He also discusses how federal criminal statutes are written so broadly, with many hidden in statutes that are not part of the criminal code, that a person can perform a criminal act without even knowing. The revelations in the book are shocking.

The video:

"You Have the Right to Remain Innocent" (James Duane) - YouTube

The book:

Amazon.com: You Have the Right to Remain Innocent (Audible Audio Edition): James Duane, James Duane, Brilliance Audio: Audible Audiobooks

quincy

As long as Professor Duane has no objections to FreeAdvice promoting his videos and book on this site, and as long as FreeAdvice has no objections to doing so, I think pinning links to his works would be a good idea. We certainly have made use of them in posters’ threads frequently in the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">