• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Those Nasty Door dings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

apexace88

I think we've all experienced returning to our cars to find a nice door ding. To some this is normal wear and tear to others it is a bothersome eye sore (enough of an eye sore to warrant door ding removal businesses).

I have always wondered what my rights are when such and incident occurs. In my case I witnessed a person slam their door into my fender causing a quarter size door ding (probably a $100 fix). I got the drivers insurance information and will contact the insurance carrier. The person who caused the damage happened to be an attorney, admitted he hit my car and said I had a better chance of jumping to the moon than getting reimbursed for my damages. Although this is minor damage, I think other individuals would be interested in the response. Do I have a case and will I have to fight it in Small claims court, I live in Southern California

Thanks

David

P

prairielaw3

I cannot speak to a specific incident as not have all the fatcs and as state laws can very somewhat but generally if can prove someone else negligent, then the negligent person can be liable for the damages including phyisical damages that the negligence caused; have repair estimates and tell what you saw; if it indicates carelessness on part of other person then a chance. It my just depend on if the hassle is worth the costs.
Good luck!
George

------------------
George H. Senteney
http://www.prairielaw.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">