• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tickets and Court dates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmn0548

What is the name of your state? TX

Hey everyone, I have a quick question,

So i got a ticket for no insurance and expired inspection sticker back in the beginning of january this year while i was driving my 2nd car for a quick run down the road. That car is really not for daily driving, and it's been in storage/jackstands on and off. I had insurance at the time on my 1st car, a mazda.

anyways, i got a lawyer, got a court date for the end of this month. I faxed them proof yesterday that I was covered under another car at the time. She said she will present it to court and get back to me.

here is my question:
On the letter it says 'please have proof of insurance AND the plea bargain fee ready 7 days prior to court date' now she tells me on the phone that i dont need the plea bargain yet, she is going to present the proof of insurance on the court date and get back to me.

I'm afraid that since I won't have the plea bargain that day they will issue a warrant. I tried to talk to her (some kinda assistant) and she was being a real B. How do I proceed from here? If the court does not accept the proof, how long do I have to pay the fine? do they issue a warrant immediatly?

thanks guys

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">