• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeshare debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NHANORAK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
We purchased a timeshare in 1991. Under the constitution the timeshare runs until 2021. In 2002 we paid that years maintenance and included a letter to end the contract and advise the company of our new address.

We never heard anymore form them until this summer when we suddenly got a demand for maintenance fees from 2003 to 2009. In addition a lot of late payment fees have been added.

We have been advised by the company that the contract cannot be cancelled and all these charges need to be paid. As the 2003 charges were due on 1st January 2003 I was wondering if the whole contract could be cancelled through the Statute of Limitations, or if the 2003 charges were now still enforceable?

When I wrote to the management company earlier querying the bill, I just got a new bill with a further late payment charge added and no reply to my query.

Many thanks for any help at this stressful time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">