• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tis the season for Thanksgiving and Christmas Questions..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? n/a

I noticed that there was a thread that said "Tis the season for summer ?'s" and it was posted on 5/28/08. Well, you know what? The end of May is not the time to start asking questions about summer visitation.

So, for all of you that will have questions... we will now start taking questions about your Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years AND next Spring Break questions. See, NOW is the time to start breaking out your court order and deciding whether or not you have a question, not a week or 2 before the event. This way, if the issue needs to be taken to court, you have plenty of time to get it there. So let's try to stop all the frantic last minute questions about who said what about who is going to have who during the holidays...

Get out your court order now and start asking your questions.

penelope10

I noticed that there was a thread that said "Tis the season for summer ?'s" and it was posted on 5/28/08. Well, you know what? The end of May is not the time to start asking questions about summer visitation.

So, for all of you that will have questions... we will now start taking questions about your Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years AND next Spring Break questions. See, NOW is the time to start breaking out your court order and deciding whether or not you have a question, not a week or 2 before the event. This way, if the issue needs to be taken to court, you have plenty of time to get it there. So let's try to stop all the frantic last minute questions about who said what about who is going to have who during the holidays...

Very good point. Thank you for bringing this up!:)

JBMD

While this is a fabulous idea, I don't think it is always possible to determine where issues will be until you are faced with an unreasonable ex!!! Typically, you don't know what hit you until a day or so before when your ex "interprets" things differently then they read!! Clarification is always great, but when you don't know that you need it - it doesn't help! Not only that but it would be best if your clarifications could be sent to the ex so that everyone is on the same page! Ho hum ....

With that said ... it is always nice to get in the holiday spirit early!! :)

proud_parent

With that said ... it is always nice to get in the holiday spirit early!! :)
Dear Santa,

How are the reindeer?

I have been a very good girl this year. All I want for Christmas is to move far, far away with my children and my superfab new boyfriend. That, and to have that mean old meanie ex of mine pay for all transportation.

You're welcome for the cookies.

Signed,
Goldie Uterus

:D

penelope10

Dear Santa,

How are the reindeer?

I have been a very good girl this year. All I want for Christmas is to move far, far away with my children and my superfab new boyfriend. That, and to have that mean old meanie ex of mine pay for all transportation.

You're welcome for the cookies.

Signed,
Goldie Uterus

:D
Ouch, don't do that anymore. I just fell outta my chair from laughing too hard.:p

CourtClerk

What generally helps is reading the Order and becoming familiar with it:)
And remember:

If your ex was difficult last year, this year will be no different.

If your CO is new, then NOW is the time to read and understand it.

If your ex is typically difficult, because it's Christmas, because it's Thanksgiving, because your mother/father/sister/brother/aunt/favorite dog is coming into town this year is no reason for them to be any less difficult this year.

If you EXPECT your ex to be difficult, then NOW is the time to devise a plan to stop the arguement before it happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">