• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title change?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

I was sold a vehicle and then I later found out that the car had a 'Rebuilt Salvage' title on it.

Is there anyway to change the title to Clean for selling purposes? If yes, what is the process?

Its been almost 3 years since I bought the car.

justalayman

Even with new inspection papers?
even if you tear up the title you have now.

It is recorded as a branded title with the state. Some states do issue a "rebuilt" title . That is the result of having repairs done and having it certified as roadworthy but it is still not a clean title and it still carries the stigma as a salvage title.

even if you tear up the title you have now.

It is recorded as a branded title with the state. Some states do issue a "rebuilt" title . That is the result of having repairs done and having it certified as roadworthy but it is still not a clean title and it still carries the stigma as a salvage title.

That sucks. This will bite me when I sell the car right? I mean my car is in very good condition. It almost looks and drives flawless.

ecmst12

The title doesn't mean that the car is in poor repair. The title means at one time the car was deemed a total loss, and no matter how much repair work you do to it, that fact will never change, so the brand will remain.

TigerD

There are ways to wash the title, but if you are asking here, you don't have the contacts.

Forget about it.

DC

The title doesn't mean that the car is in poor repair. The title means at one time the car was deemed a total loss, and no matter how much repair work you do to it, that fact will never change, so the brand will remain.
The buyer sees the title of salvage and gets turned off. I would not get a good price to sell.

Whats the best way to sell my car to get a good price according to the blue book?

JustAPal00

We don't tell people how to break the law here. Normally.....! But here's how to remove the salvage brand from your title. Find a time machine, go back in time to right before your car was wrecked, stop the wreck, and voila the the title will be clean!

ecmst12

You don't get it. You bought a car with low value due to prior total loss. You probably paid too much for it. You failed to check the title before you bought it. There is NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT ANY OF IT. Next time check the title BEFORE you buy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">