• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to live with my mom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Florida
I have a question. I am 16 years old, and am currently living with my dad. My parents were divorced years ago in the state of Florida with, I believe, joint custody. I have lived with a relative out of the country for the past few years, and now I am back with my dad.I now feel it may be best to live with my mom who moved to mississippi. Is it as simple as saying I want to live with my mom and being able to? or must courts be petitioned to allow this? I thought that as a certain age the child can choose, but I am wondering.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential