• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to much?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SisterSavior

What is the name of your state?alabama

i belive i saw on an alabama site that for 3 kids child support was 30% what i need to know is my gross income monthly will av about 900 his is around 3000
i am asking oir 3 kids 1000 a month.i'm not askin for spousal support etc just the 1000 that will i hope get us by and have emergency money at end of month.also was wondering since he is an overtheroad person and doesnt know when he'll be in to pay this support directly to me (on weekly basis of 250) can we have it set up automatically to be tooken out of his check .?

Phnx02

Please do spellcheck before you post! It is very difficult to decipher your question due to bad spelling!

Each state has different guidelines and way of calculating CS. You cannot just throw a number out there as being "sufficient" so you will have extra money in savings in case of emergency etc. CS is based on many factors - the average being a certain percentage of the NCP net income - like 20%. You need to consult an attorney to find out what your state guidelines are......you can do this by making a simple phone call or 2, at no charge, to attorneys in your local phone book. If I read your message correctly, even if your ex is a "trucker", he can still make CS payments thru the regular post office while on the road......

djohnson

Phnx02 said:
Please do spellcheck before you post! It is very difficult to decipher your question due to bad spelling!

Each state has different guidelines and way of calculating CS. You cannot just throw a number out there as being "sufficient" so you will have extra money in savings in case of emergency etc. CS is based on many factors - the average being a certain percentage of the NCP net income - like 20%. You need to consult an attorney to find out what your state guidelines are......you can do this by making a simple phone call or 2, at no charge, to attorneys in your local phone book. If I read your message correctly, even if your ex is a "trucker", he can still make CS payments thru the regular post office while on the road......

No point to this post.

You can have it taken out automatically, or have him pay it through the court system. It's pretty standard to that now so if there is arrears, they know it. I don't know AL but I think what you are asking for is within reason and limits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">