• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Too late to ask about child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonshadowlisa

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Arizona. I was 17 when I had my son he is now 35. His father never paid any child support towards him. Pretty sneaky not letting me know quite where he was even though he has always known where we were. I know where he is now I have know for a few years. He is a classic deadbeat dad. It irritates me when I think that he has done nothing to provide for this son that is now an adult another man raised him etc. but did not adopt him. Even though all of these years have gone by why should he be so special and get away with out paying anything . My question is because of all the years that have gone by have I or my son lost all rights to anything that he could have coming to him? I was on Welfare for him sometimes to help out when needed. We did do a DNA test that was established and he is on the birth certificate as the father. I know this is all many years too late but I just have to ask. Thank you so much in advance for answering my question.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The state may go after him to get repaid, but it's way too late for you to file for support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">