• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TOP 10 Things To Do When Posting On FreeAdvice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

One more:

When you get a helpful response, answer indignantly in response to the contributor's signature line, instead of the actual post, as in "What does Squirrely wrath have to do with this? These are SERIOUS problems!"

Veronica1228

I know this thread is over 2 years old, but since someone else dug it up I want to add my favorite rule.

If you have NO CASE and everyone here tells you so, make sure you post back in 1-2 days and pretend that you won just so you can prove all of us wrong.

Happy Trails

nextwife said:
One more:

When you get a helpful response, answer indignantly in response to the contributor's signature line, instead of the actual post, as in "What does Squirrely wrath have to do with this? These are SERIOUS problems!"
Yeah, that's funny.

Breezie's sig. line had poster's thinking he was flipping them all off.

One of the Posters followed Breezie around telling the other posters that Breezie gave him the finger too.

Veronica1228 said:
I know this thread is over 2 years old, but since someone else dug it up I want to add my favorite rule.

If you have NO CASE and everyone here tells you so, make sure you post back in 1-2 days and pretend that you won just so you can prove all of us wrong.
Oh no. My bad. :eek: Good catch Veronica. So IAAL has been this witty thru the years. Also explains the VeronicaGia thing. I was thinking you had numbers after your name and I was right. Last time I question myself.

Can I add to the list "Another question about (insert same old tired subject here that's been answered to death, but they wanna be sure their brains comprehend what their eyes have read)"?

tigger22472

nextwife said:
One more:

Oh yeah I can't count how many people have accused me of calling them stupid because I said they didn't have any "Tack"... :rolleyes:

Veronica1228

tryingtoplease said:
Oh no. My bad. :eek: Good catch Veronica. So IAAL has been this witty thru the years. Also explains the VeronicaGia thing. I was thinking you had numbers after your name and I was right. Last time I question myself.

Can I add to the list "Another question about (insert same old tired subject here that's been answered to death, but they wanna be sure their brains comprehend what their eyes have read)"?
I know. When I was first reading the thread I was SOOOO jealous, but then I noticed the date. I feel much better now. IAAL didn't even know me then.

1mrtym

Really mean

I think that is really awful. People on here are looking for help, not to be ridiculed. We have all made stupid decisions in our life. Yes, you too. We've all mispelled words, and used incorrrect english. Be the adult you are supposed to be. You are really feeling superior. Get down off your high horse. You are human, as are the rest of us.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

1mrtym said:
I think that is really awful. People on here are looking for help, not to be ridiculed. We have all made stupid decisions in our life. Yes, you too. We've all mispelled words, and used incorrrect english. Be the adult you are supposed to be. You are really feeling superior. Get down off your high horse. You are human, as are the rest of us.

My response:

Oh, shut the hell up. Take your thin skin and get off the forums. This was supposed to be a "funny" thread, and not to be taken seriously. It's obviously struck a chord with you, but no one cares.

IAAL

1mrtym

Funny?

I don't think so. It is taking a superior attitude and looking down on other people. You are just as damn dumb as anyone else.

jamesnjo

Yeah, Well ..... this is a nice, lively thread. It's a good thing that no poor souls coming to the forum looking for advise, er, I mean advice, while being at their absolute wit's end will be intimidated or otherwise brought to teary frustration by the high bar you've set for them.

Yeah, I know, they (me) should lighten up a bit. There's nothing like a little whimsy to lighten burdens, even ones like divorce and custody issues. You all keep smiling. I'll try it too.

But seriously folks. Thanks for bein' here! :)

jamesnjo

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Oh, shut the hell up. Take your thin skin and get off the forums. This was supposed to be a "funny" thread, and not to be taken seriously. It's obviously struck a chord with you, but no one cares.

IAAL

All right. I saw this before I wrote my first contribution to this thread.

I'm reasonably sure that you (IAAL) have been responsible for dispensing much timely and appreciated advice on thiser forum and have had to wade through reams of repetitious verbiage that's often pushed the "inanity meter" off the scale many times. And thus the sarcasm. But I gotta think that along the lines of "there's a time and place for everything" you've misplaced your wit today. It's too bad that you don't have a water cooler where you granfalloons can gather to share your guffaws with each other, away from our thin skins. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">