• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally at a Loss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

camie

Suing someone who caused my four front teeth to be knocked out four years ago... Never been through a court case before and am having much trouble with my lawyer. Lawyer hasn't returned my numerous calls over the last four years and has only contacted me sparingly when absolutely necessary(ie. set a deposition date and get money for posting security.) My deposition was four months ago and lawyer still hasn't spoken with the opposing side about a settlement. He's withheld information from me that caused me to be to be totally in the dark at the deposition when the opposing lawyer asked me certain questions. Opposing lawyer was even surprised that I wasn't informed of that information. Day in court is approaching in October (across country in Wisconsin.) The lawyer is adding far more stress to my situation and I don't know how I go about getting rid of him and not getting screwed over if he decides to lie about how much time he's spent on this case or whatever.

Please help!!!

P

prairielaw3

First, I suggest you set up a confernece with your attorney and have your questions ready and ask the attorney the pointed questions you have. If that not work, while a person may be liable for the reasonable copying charges a client has an absolute right to a copy of the file; one thought may be to request a copy of the file and then seek a second opinion. A person can fire an attorney just like any other professional; it just may not be prudent to do so with a trial date so close; that why it may be wise to get more info first.
Good luck!

------------------
George H. Senteney
Prairielaw.com
"More people helping people with the law than anywhere."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">