• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally new subject

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

proud_parent

Does anyone on here get my point?
That's tough to discern. It might help if you stuck to just one.

How many people on here who do in fact have stepchildren refer to them as "come here stepchild, pick up your toys, etc"?.
I imagine most of us address them by their first names. Or using affectionate terms (I lean toward "sweetie", or sometimes "kiddo" myself). What has that exactly to do with your "point"?

I really do appreciate the sound advice! Thanks for that. CPS has relinquished control of these two children but still maintain control over their baby sister who is in Foster Care in Kentucky still. All parties involved are pushing for her Foster Family to adopt her as soon as they can have the mother's rights terminated.

She has been given numerous opportunities to do what is right and to better herself for her children and has blatantly stated that she does not want kids and that she does not want reunification in the end. She told the Judge in court that she has no intentions of ever seeing these two here again! What a statement to make huh? She was actually arrested in court by the bailiff for her comments during court. She argued with the GAL, her own In-Home Services FSW, the CASA, the attorney representing my husband...anyone she could argue with but ONLY about what kind of person she was, not about whether or not her children were being removed that day!! I think that I would have been much more concerned about where my kids would be living rather my image wouldn't most?

Either way the cake is sliced, these kids deserve a lot better than the hand they were dealt in life and are getting that due completely to my husband and I working together to make their lives better every day! Thanks for the advice once again and I get that some Stepparents are evil and do not truly care about their spouse's children but I do! I would not spend so much time on here defending myself and my relationship with them if it did not matter to me!

Zephyr

She has been given numerous opportunities to do what is right and to better herself for her children and has blatantly stated that she does not want kids and that she does not want reunification in the end. She told the Judge in court that she has no intentions of ever seeing these two here again! What a statement to make huh? She was actually arrested in court by the bailiff for her comments during court. She argued with the GAL, her own In-Home Services FSW, the CASA, the attorney representing my husband...anyone she could argue with but ONLY about what kind of person she was, not about whether or not her children were being removed that day!! I think that I would have been much more concerned about where my kids would be living rather my image wouldn't most?
while that certainly doesn't seem like normal behavior for a mother, is it at all possible there are some mental/emotional issues at work here that with the right treatment mom could turn around and be a great mom to these kids....even if not custodial.....

having both of their parents in their lives fully would be in the children's best interest, don't you agree?

cvdesign

Oh good grief I thought this thing finally went away. I mean this thread, and not the OP LOL:D
I'm used to usenet more than forums ... usenet threads often last for MONTHS! Oftentimes, far longer than we hope!!!

Penelope, I'm really and honestly sorry (no sarcasm!!) if I've exhumed a dead horse and not only beat it, but paraded it around town and hung it up on the line!

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverplum

I'm used to usenet more than forums ... usenet threads often last for MONTHS! Oftentimes, far longer than we hope!!!

Penelope, I'm really and honestly sorry (no sarcasm!!) if I've exhumed a dead horse and not only beat it, but paraded it around town and hung it up on the line!
Yes. It's old HERE. Plus, we were GLAD it had died down.

The thing to be sorry about is giving INCORRECT legal information on a LEGAL board, where people come for help.

The other thing you'd be wise to be sorry for is stomping in like a bull in a china shop: you have no idea who this original poster is. You have no idea of the gray hairs we've gotten trying to make some sort of legal sense to her idiot brain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">