• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towing Company license to steal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbud333

What is the name of your state? California.
This is in addition to my post from yesterday involving son's DUI arrest. The vehicle my son was driving at the time of his DUI was towed to a storage yard where it was held for 12 hours until I paid the cost to get it released. When I got home with the car, my son asks where is his ipod? (It WAS connected to his stereo system at the time of arrest)
We checked the car and also discovered that we are missing 2 wireless headsets for our cell phones, an LCD flashlight and a pair of sunglasses.
I called the tow company and asked what happened to it and the office manager told me that there is no ipod (value $350.00)listed on the inventory report that came in with the car and insinuated that the police must have taken it.
I then called the police dept. and told them it was missing and told them what she had told me. An officer pulled up the inventory list and said that it is indeed listed on the sheet and for me to call her back and tell her what he said. He said that is why they have insurance with the company.
I did that . The towing company said they would look into it and call me back but I still have heard nothing from them.
My question is: Who is responsible for getting me another ipod? The towing company has a sign that says they are not responsible for personal belongings but I did not have the option to get my belongings before it was towed.
How should I proceed with this?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">