• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trial was delayed 3 MONTHS because my court appointed lawyer was sick?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

The reason those BAC tests are currently inadmissible is because there are concerns about the accuracy of machines
Actually, the reason the Breath Tests aren't being used is because the DA's office got caught withholding evidence. It's a self-imposed sanction subject to change at any time.

OP is right to be concerned.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Actually, the reason the Breath Tests aren't being used is because the DA's office got caught withholding evidence. It's a self-imposed sanction subject to change at any time.

OP is right to be concerned.
Even without the BAC results, OP is right to be concerned: the DA was ready to pursue this without the BAC results.

Depending on the other evidence, the BAC results may be superfluous.

Mass_Shyster

Even without the BAC results, OP is right to be concerned: the DA was ready to pursue this without the BAC results.

Depending on the other evidence, the BAC results may be superfluous.
The DA will always pursue the case. Marching orders. I had a client charged with OUI who blew a .06. In fact, the ADA on the case talked the defendant out of a plea, but couldn’t dismiss.

quincy

The DA will always pursue the case. Marching orders. I had a client charged with OUI who blew a .06. In fact, the ADA on the case talked the defendant out of a plea, but couldn’t dismiss.
I agree that there is reason to be concerned but not necessarily because of the delay.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">