• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tribe vs state child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WORRIED77

custody

I am not at all sure that you are accurate on that Silverplum. In fact, I really don't think that any of us should be expressing opinions on this one because its completely outside of our areas of knowledge and expertise.

Worried....your fingers need to do some walking to find an attorney in TX who is familiar with both tribal law and Texas law. Get a consult with that attorney to have a better idea of where you stand.
I appriciate your comment It's a tricky situation I think I will take your advice and try to do that, It can be very difficult to find a lawer that knows anything if nothing about tribal law...but I will try once again I appricaite your advice

peppier

Not legal advice but a possible avenue would to be to find a lawyer who has done work in Federal Court. I just know that I was once on a Grand Jury and the reservation was covered by Federal law. IOW, an offense that would get you in magistrate or district court got you in federal court if it was tribal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">