• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust/Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blitz

What is the name of your state? Texas
If I have a real estate purchase contract with a subject to existing financing clause in it. Can I set up a trust agreement and do an assignment to the buyer as a trustee. Then transfer my warranty deed to the trustee, will this give the buyer the responsibility of everything for the house including being able to claim and pay the taxes?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Texas
If I have a real estate purchase contract with a subject to existing financing clause in it. Can I set up a trust agreement and do an assignment to the buyer as a trustee. Then transfer my warranty deed to the trustee, will this give the buyer the responsibility of everything for the house including being able to claim and pay the taxes?
Let me get this straight:

You own a piece of land.

You are selling it on contract with an existing financing clause in it. (This, by the way, may violate your current mortgage and cause the whole thing to become due.)

You want to set up a trust and "assign" to the buyer as trustee. I am assuming you mean you want to convey the real estate to the trust and have the buyer as trustee. This is transferring your warranty deed to your trustee.

Then the trustee you want to be the buyer?

Why all this complicated stuff? Why not just sell it to the buyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">