• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to find a lawyer for a Class Action lawsuit against a towing company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trevor15

What is the name of your state? FL

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find a lawyer for a Class Action lawsuit against a local towing company but it seems kind of hard. The ones I found in YellowPages weren't interested. I read about a couple of CALs online against a towing company and a car manufacturer but they were both filed by the lawyers themselves after one having their car towed and the other having issue with his vehicle. So, unless they have a personal involvement in the case, it doesn't seem like they are interested in filing a CAL. Isn't there enough money for them or is it too much paperwork, what is it?
if you know a lawyer willing to take on my case please let me know
Thanks

quincy

Hello everyone. I'm trying to find a lawyer for a Class Action lawsuit against a local towing company but it seems kind of hard. The ones I found in YellowPages weren't interested. I read about a couple of CALs online against a towing company and a car manufacturer but they were both filed by the lawyers themselves after one having their car towed and the other having issue with his vehicle. So, unless they have a personal involvement in the case, it doesn't seem like they are interested in filing a CAL. Isn't there enough money for them or is it too much paperwork, what is it?
Thanks
Why are you looking for a class action instead of filing a personal suit?

We are not an attorney referral forum. You will need to continue to search for an attorney in your area willing to help you with your claim.

If, after a personal review of your case, your attorney discovers several others with similar complaints, he might decide then that there is reason to consider a class action.

Good luck.

trevor15

Why are you looking for a class action instead of filing a personal suit?

We are not an attorney referral forum. You will need to continue to search for an attorney in your area willing to help you with your claim.

If, after a personal review of your case, your attorney discovers several others with similar complaints, he might decide then that there is reason to consider a class action.

Good luck.
I'm in the process of filing a personal but I feel like a CAL will bring them to their knees, hopefully, will shut them down for good. It's one of those predatory towing companies that will do anything illegal just to make a buck - towing without authorization, charging more than allowed,etc...you get the idea. So, that's the reason I was thinking about filing a Class Action Lawsuit...

quincy

I'm in the process of filing a personal but I feel like a CAL will bring them to their knees, hopefully, will shut them down for good. It's one of those predatory towing companies that will do anything illegal just to make a buck - towing without authorization, charging more than allowed,etc...you get the idea. So, that's the reason I was thinking about filing a Class Action Lawsuit...
You should find an attorney first, to handle your personal claim. You can discuss with this attorney the possibility of a class action.

quincy

I was thinking of filing in Small Claims court but yes, I'll continue my search...
Thanks
You are apt to save a lot of time and potentially be awarded more money as the plaintiff in a personal lawsuit than would be possible with a class action suit - which can take years to resolve and whose primary goal is to punish the defendant (with injunctions and fines) rather than to award plaintiff damages.

Good luck with your search for an attorney and/or with your small claims suit. I appreciate the thanks. :)

LdiJ

Thanks
If you truly feel strongly about the issue, you might try putting together a grass roots initiative to convince your state lawmakers to put serious limits on predatory towing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
While I understand that tow companies don't have the best reputation, one must also remember that people who get towed will almost always feel the tow was predatory, as opposed to the problem being with the driver who feels it's ok to park somewhere that it's not ok to park.

trevor15

While I understand that tow companies don't have the best reputation, one must also remember that people who get towed will almost always feel the tow was predatory, as opposed to the problem being with the driver who feels it's ok to park somewhere that it's not ok to park.
I understand that but that definitely's not the case here. Cars were taken from my own business plus they charged me 3 times the allowed amount set by a County Ordinance.

justalayman

I understand that but that definitely's not the case here. Cars were taken from my own business plus they charged me 3 times the allowed amount set by a County Ordinance.
so what other egregious acts have they committed that you are aware of? The small number of issues you mention isn’t going to be adequate to make this a class action suit.

trevor15

so what other egregious acts have they committed that you are aware of? The small number of issues you mention isn’t going to be adequate to make this a class action suit.
Quite a few actually, I discovered, after a quick look at their reviews online. For a company that's been in business for years, they can't just accidentally charge me 3 times the allowed amount. I doubt it I'm an exclusion too. From what I read online I know for a fact I'm not.

quincy

You could report the tow company to your Attorney General for an investigation, in addition to filing your small claims action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">