• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trying to serve a summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terp

Our case has been an ongoing case. There has been open communication between both our attorneys that is why I am assuming my attorney sent the papers there.

I am also feeling that my attorney has not really been paying much attention to my case.

Thank you everyone. I am going to have him served after he drops of our son. I feel pretty scuzzy doing it that way but it really is the only way since he lives far away and travels a lot!

Again, thank you for the clarification and "lesson". I needed it!

terp

I know I can't. I am going to have him served.

Question for you seniors. If an attorney is no longer representing someone in an active case, don't they have to file the paperwork "taking them off the case"? or not?

LdiJ

I know I can't. I am going to have him served.

Question for you seniors. If an attorney is no longer representing someone in an active case, don't they have to file the paperwork "taking them off the case"? or not?
If its an active case, yes they would have to withdraw. I suspect that the case closed at some point and you are now reactivating it, but that doesn't necessarily obligate his attorney.

Its also possible that the attorney is owed money, and does not want to continue to represent someone without payment.

terp

That makes total sense and reconfirms some suspicions. thank you!:rolleyes: Atleast I am not the only one not getting my checks...lol

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">