• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

twins die because of lazy military doctor please read and help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cpacheco1478

Texas

My wife was pregent with twins we are in the military so we had to go to the hospitial on base. My wife had to wait almost a month in a half for an appointment. when she went in they found the twins and transfred her to a high risk doctor.she began to see this doctor and have frequent ultrasounds for the twins when she was being seen there the doctor started to tell us risks of this pregnancy. eventually the twins began to grow in different rates and they thought that my wife was mono mono or one plecenta and one sack for the twins. the doctor eventually transfered my wifes care to civilian doctors at a regular hospital. she had her intial visit at the new doctor. the second visit with that doctor during the same old routine of an ultrasound just like they have been doing at the military hospital the doctor came to relize that my wife had something going wrong. she had a syndrome that is called TTTS it has a 0% chance of survival for both the only way to try and save them is having laser surgery so the doctor began paperwork for my wife and within two days we flew out to houston texas to have the procdure the day of her consultaion they found that the twins were dead and that they were not mono mono that both twins had there own sack. my wife was researching ttts and found that its usually spotted around 14 weeks at the latest and my wife was 20 when they found it. she also had almost every symptom that shows that someone has this syndrom. we want advise to sue or file a claim cause the military will not help because of the situation. we want to do this against the doctor and hospital before my wife was transfered because we fell if the doctor would of paid attention to her and all the results our twins would still be alive in my wifes stomach. My wife and myself and seen the military doctors reports and when reading them they are not true they contain lies such as time spent with us topics went over test results that were positive but were never told to us. Please if you can help me with anything i dont know that much about sueing or a claim. i just want to know which one would be the best for this situation and what i should do. thank you for all your help

barry1817

military

Texas

My wife was pregent with twins we are in the military so we had to go to the hospitial on base. My wife had to wait almost a month in a half for an appointment. when she went in they found the twins and transfred her to a high risk doctor.she began to see this doctor and have frequent ultrasounds for the twins when she was being seen there the doctor started to tell us risks of this pregnancy. eventually the twins began to grow in different rates and they thought that my wife was mono mono or one plecenta and one sack for the twins. the doctor eventually transfered my wifes care to civilian doctors at a regular hospital. she had her intial visit at the new doctor. the second visit with that doctor during the same old routine of an ultrasound just like they have been doing at the military hospital the doctor came to relize that my wife had something going wrong. she had a syndrome that is called TTTS it has a 0% chance of survival for both the only way to try and save them is having laser surgery so the doctor began paperwork for my wife and within two days we flew out to houston texas to have the procdure the day of her consultaion they found that the twins were dead and that they were not mono mono that both twins had there own sack. my wife was researching ttts and found that its usually spotted around 14 weeks at the latest and my wife was 20 when they found it. she also had almost every symptom that shows that someone has this syndrom. we want advise to sue or file a claim cause the military will not help because of the situation. we want to do this against the doctor and hospital before my wife was transfered because we fell if the doctor would of paid attention to her and all the results our twins would still be alive in my wifes stomach. My wife and myself and seen the military doctors reports and when reading them they are not true they contain lies such as time spent with us topics went over test results that were positive but were never told to us. Please if you can help me with anything i dont know that much about sueing or a claim. i just want to know which one would be the best for this situation and what i should do. thank you for all your help
I am truly sorry about what you and your wife went through.

I think that a malpractice legal action against a military doctor can be an uphill battle.

For those that think that socialized medicine is the way to go, consider what happens in military situations where the doctors are officers and have superiors that control them.

SHORTY LONG

Possibly yes. You need to seek out on your own a Lawyer who specializes in
Military Law, and who is now either retired from the Military or has completed
his or her Military Contract, and see if you may receive a free consultation.

Also, though they are not Lawyer you can get free help from any Veterans
Service Organizations of your choice that has Veteran Service officers!

My condolence to you and your wife.

lya

Texas

TTTS does not mean the twins are in one sack; it means the blood is being returned to the placenta from one twin and sent from the placenta to the other twin. "mono mono" does not mean there is only one sack; it means there is only one placenta.

If laser surgery to correct the problematic placenta vein (the one sending the blood to the recipient twin) is successful, there is a 60% chance the twins will survive. There is an equal or greater chance that the surviving twins will have serious birth defects or injuries to their brains, hearts, and kidneys; it depends on the amount of damage done to each twin prior to the successful laser surgery.

When TTTS is detected early in the pregnancy (14 weeks, for example), it is an indication of the greater problem with the twins, not of greater chance of surviving.

A valid claim of medical malpractice requires that the damages be the result of negligence and from no other cause. You have no chance of proving that TTTS twins would have survived if laser surgery had been done earlier.

You and your wife have my sincere condolences on the loss of your twins.

You have my deep appreciation, admiration, and respect for serving in the US armed forces. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">