• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Twp Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Now our neighbor has now involved the township in the CD dispute. There is a 10 ft drainage easement on their property that runs adjacent to our Common Driveway. The neighbors called the twp and complained that the culvert perpendicular to the cd that provides us access to the CD is clogged and they want it removed. Now the twp is scheduled to come in and remove the culvert next week. The problem is there is no other access for us to the CD except the culvert. Without it we will have no access to our garage behind our home. When I spoke to the zoning officer, she said that on our deed it does not state that we have a right of way to access the CD. What recourse do we have? Is it worth it to hire an attorney or without a specific right of way documentation to the CD, are we out of luck?


Senior Member
Your zoning person might be right , but they might be wrong too, if nothing else consult with a atty who can review all the docs tied to your homes title and verify if there is any recorded easement or not. ( is this your only access to the home or not ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential